A not so cheery mid-week post.
It was with great trepidation that I went to hospital today to attend my orthopaedic out patients appointment. I’ve had a problem with my right great toe joint for over 3 years now and have tried various solutions – ignoring it, pain killers, podiatrists etc. etc. (all to no avail).
The news was kind of what I expected given what my podiatrist had told me. The only solution to my problem is surgery. It was confirmed today that at 39 years old, I have osteoarthritis.
So, the decision… Surgery is likely to be September, subject to an MRI to confirm damage to the joint. After surgery I will be in plaster for 6 weeks. So, do I go ahead and train until date of surgery, hope that recovery isn’t too bad and do Dopey regardless? Or do I delay surgery until after Dopey?
Oh, and advice is, no running after the surgery 😦
No training tonight – on a bit of a downer 😦